Live-in care jobs
Your chance to be a companionWe know that our carers want to be companions to the elderly in their homes to give meaning to their lives and brighten their day.
We are seeking and ambitious, passionate and caring live-in carer who will make a difference to the lives of many of the clients that we support. If you are looking for a rewarding role and make progress quickly in your career, the get in touch today.
We require Live- in Care Workers for IMMEDIATE START of a number of new assignments throughout London, Surrey and the Home Counties caring for clients with a variety of conditions including dementia, diabetes, end of life care, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, mental health needs and many more.
What’s the role of the Live-in carer?
The role of the live-in carer provides a flexible lifestyle and the most rewarding job opportunities. The main role of the live-in carer is to support this client to remain living independently in their own home, keeping them company and granting our clients the peace of mind, knowing there is someone reliable to support them.
We expect all our staff to share the values that are important to us – being excellent, kind, responsible, empathetic and respectful – and behave in a way that reflects these, always looking out for the interest of our clients.
As a live-in carer, your duties could include personal care, domestic work, companionship, supporting with shopping, doctors appointments, support with medication, meal preparation and personal care. Experience in supporting our client with Dementia, Alzheimer’s, and managing behaviours that challenge with a Calm, Patient and Empathetic demeanour is required. You should share our clients’ interests and be able to have a chat over a cup of tea, reminiscence through photos and watch their favourite TV show – while you’re living with them in their homes.
Extraordinary Benefits for our live-in carers
When you work for Verity healthcare, you can be certain that there is a wide range of opportunities benefits for you! These include:
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Training and professional qualifications, Level 2, 3 and 5 (QCF/NVQ)
- A well-defined career pathway for career progression
- Auto-enrolment pension plan and life assurance scheme
- Competitive rates of pay between £595 to £810 per week
- Flexible working – Part-time or Full time work
- Generous Pension scheme
- Guaranteed contract hours within local area
- Paid shadow shifts
- Free uniform
- Private health benefits.
- Access to excellent technology to support your work
- Motivating supervision sessions
- Liberal holidays package
What we look for
Our clients deserve the best of and so we set requirements for the live-in carers, we look out for. Our live-in carer must
- Have a minimum of 6 months experience within a care setting, either for a family member or on a professional basis.
- Be genuine kind, compassionate, caring nature required
- Be reliable and committed
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills and fluent English is essential as many of our clients are hard of hearing or visually impaired.
- Have a genuine and valid UK driving licence
The live-in carer job performance
As a live-in carer, role will include:
- Personal care – supporting with washing/showering/bathing, dressing/undressing, continence when if required
- Companionship – being there for conversation, watching TIV together
- Running errands – assisting with daily tasks such as picking up prescriptions, shopping
- Preparing and cooking meals and support with feeding if required
- Household chores – help around the home, such as vacuuming or washing clothes
- Helping with mobility – some customers need assistance getting around the home
- Overseeing medication – ensuring that medicine are taken by the client where required
- Performing specialist support to meet complex s needs
Have already applied?
Making an application
Get tips on creating on making job applications and learn more about the Verity Healthcare recruitment process.
Already applied for a role?
If you have already started an application and need to complete it, then
We’re committed to excellence and to deliver essential homecare services to our clients as the first choice
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about applying to you us, you may consult the frequently asked questions and call us
Learn what our staff and clients say about working with Verity Healthcare. You’ll be encouraged.