Multiple Sclerosis care
Special multiple sclerosis careMultiple Sclerosis (MS) symptoms can be changeable, and so we provide care that’s flexible to enable clients to maintain as much independence as possible.
For many years, Verity Healthcare has been providing high quality services to clients of different ages and social backgrounds living with multiple sclerosis. We’re a prize-winning home care provider offering nursing-led multiple sclerosis care to many people in the Greater London and the counties. We have retained expertly trained and passionate carers and registered nurses who are helping people affected by the illness to live as independently as possible at home.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a neurological condition that affects the brain and/or spinal cord, resulting in a wide range of potential symptoms, including problems with vision, arm or leg movement, sensation or balance. Around 100,000 people in the UK are affected by the condition. MS is said to be an autoimmune condition which results in the immune system mistakenly attacking healthy body tissue.
MS damages and hardens the nerves, disrupting nerve signals. MS is not solely inherited; but it’s caused by a combination of genetic and environmental factors are thought to cause the disease. The most common symptoms include: fatigue, numbness and tingling, mobility problems, muscle weakness and tightness as well as pain, speech and swallowing difficulty; problems with thinking and planning and bowel and bladder issues.
We adopt a flexible and personalized approach to providing multiple sclerosis care that’s tailored to your unique needs. We’re focused on helping individuals living with multiple sclerosis to stand on their own two feet. This is because people living with multiple sclerosis (MS) are affected differently and how the condition will progress is uncertain.
We provide nurse-led care and support is tailored to your needs to help manage your condition and maintain the lifestyle you choose. We’re here to help you to live fulfilled life and as independently as you can.
How Verity Healthcare can help
What’s more, we understand that our clients’ needs may change over time as their condition progresses. That’s why we conduct regular reviews and revise care and support plans to reflect changing needs. We’ll assign dedicated nursing team with the necessary competences and expertise to provide the right level of support to you. We’re flexible in our approach to care and so we can implement increased care package s as a result of relapse, exploring changes to routine to help manage symptoms, or adapt to a change in circumstance.
Expert Multiple Sclerosis care at home
Our expert care workers and registered provide short-term services such visiting care where they will visit at different times in a day or on long-term basis where a live-in carer will stay with so you can receive first-class care and support in the comfort of your home. Our carers have been trained by professionals from Multiple Sclerosis Society and they are competent to manage the full range of MS symptoms.
All of us feel a bit uncomfortable and edgy to welcome someone new into our homes. That’s why we take the time to find and match each of our clients to the right team of personal care assistants who share your interests and values. These care professionals possess the clinical skills and personality touch to provide day-to-day care and support to match your needs. We adopt a holistic approach to care by helping our clients to manage their condition and maximize their independence.
We’re solely committed to securing consistency and continuity in delivering MS care. That’s why will get to know you and your needs so we can match you with a carer who understands what makes you the person you are so that you can supported effectively in your care journey. We do this, because your safety is extremely important to us and we want you to feel safe
with a specific team MS carers who come into your home.
Assigning the same personal care assistants ensure that they get to know you and develop a detailed knowledge of our clients’ needs and condition as they work with you. This means that they are often ideally persons to identify early signs of relapse, or any form of deterioration, and take the appropriate action to maintain your safety and wellbeing
Specific multiple sclerosis care
By choosing Verity healthcare, you can expect excellent services that address your specific needs. We’ll match you with a carer or registered nurse who can support you with:
- Bladder and bowel function – developing strategies for dealing with bladder problems, including catheter, stoma and bowel management
- Skin care – education and support for re-positioning to address the increased risk that less mobile or wheelchair-bound MS patients face for pressure sores
- Medications – implementing and managing side effects, support sticking to medication schedules, and education on self-injections and support with pain management
- Diet and exercise – support with meal preparation for healthy eating, stress management, and exercise
- Personal care, such as bathing, changing clothes, toilet trips
- Running errands for you and helping to manage key tasks.
- Liaision with healthcare professionals such as SALT with swallowing problems
- Household chores, such as washing dishes, the laundry and vacuuming
- Ongoing companionship – chats over a photo gallery, cup of tea or sharing days out together.
- Encouragement – developing faith and confidence to achieve and maintain positive mental health
- At Verity Healthcare, our focus is on the quality care which we believe is key aspect of all health and medical support. We believe that providing ongoing company and friendship is essential to securing invaluable emotional support. Our staff treasure strong relationships with our clients and many of them staying with clients for many years.Call us on 0203 643 5295 to discuss your needs or email us. You can request a callback and we’ll return your call. We can also arrange a free home care consultation with our specialist team who will discuss the options in person.
Request a Call Back
To find out more or speak to your local Verity Healthcare representative, please fill in our contact form.
Joining Verity Healthcare is a prospect that you will relish. You will be joining a family of staff who share diverse abilities and skills for your personal and professional growth.
We’re committed to excellence and to deliver essential homecare services to our clients as the first choice
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about applying to you us, you may consult the frequently asked questions and call us
Learn what our staff and clients say about working with Verity Healthcare. You’ll be encouraged.